Lower Back Pain
At Integrative Health + Sports Performance, we take a conservative approach to treating lower back pain using spinal manipulation and natural soft tissue therapies to restore the spine, stimulate healing, and increase joint mobility. In addition to offering drug-free pain relief options for various musculoskeletal conditions, our Bellbrook chiropractors focus on improving your health to help prevent pain and illness.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
Low back pain typically occurs from muscle strains due to heavy lifting, repetitive stress, or overuse. Spinal degeneration, misalignment caused by trauma, accident or sports injuries, and poor posture habits can also result in the following back pain conditions:
- Spinal stenosis
- Sciatica (nerve root pain)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Herniated lumbar discs
These common symptoms may vary based on the underlying cause, but could include a dull or sharp pain and stiffness in the lower back. The pain may be sudden (acute) or gradual (chronic) or radiate to the buttock, hip, leg, or foot. It may worsen with prolonged sitting or get better when you change position. Numbness, tingling, or muscle weakness may also occur if there is sciatic nerve interference.
Lower Back Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractors in Bellbrook
Because your pain could stem from a variety of conditions, our chiropractic physicians will perform a physical and spinal exam to look for possible causes. Once a diagnosis is made, your course of treatment may include a series of non-invasive chiropractic adjustments combined with rehabilitative therapies for holistic healing.
- Spinal Adjustment: This manipulation technique is performed to correct vertebral misalignment using the hands or small instruments. Your doctor will realign the spine by applying controlled force to the restricted joints and tissue causing the pain and muscle tightness. This effectively relieves pain by taking pressure off the discs, joints, nerve, and tissue and improves joint mobility.
- Massage Therapy: Therapeutic hands-on massages help to optimize the results of the manipulation therapy. Massages can be done prior to adjustments to loosen up the tissue and afterward to assist in reducing inflammation, healing, and tissue renewal.
- Laser Therapy: Our K-Laser Class IV unit delivers safe light energy that works to increase circulation and reduce inflammation.
- Rehabilitative Exercises: Strengthening the muscles and connective tissue through stretches and corrective exercises help to stabilize the spine and make the body less prone to injury.
Lasting Pain Relief is a Phone Call Away!
The chiropractic team at Integrative Health + Sports Performance sees patients from Bellbrook, Dayton, Miamisburg, Fairborn, and surrounding areas. We use advanced technology and equipment to deliver natural treatments in a safe and effective way. Call 937-848-8500 to make an appointment.