Our experienced team of chiropractors specializes in sports injury care. We love working with athletes of all ages and abilities—and not just for injury care.
Every year, millions of athletes become injured during training or competition. It's important to realize that both experienced and beginner athletes can sustain injuries—some acute, others chronic.
The most common sports injuries we evaluate and treat at our holistic clinic include:
- Ligament Sprains, Muscle Strains, and Tendonitis: If tendons, ligaments, bursae, or muscles become overstressed or challenged with repetitive movement, this can lead to microscopic tears, swelling, pain, and inflammation to the fibers within these tissues. Frequently seen issues include Achilles tendonitis, rotator cuff tears, and ACL/MCL sprains.
- Plantar Fasciitis: This is sharp heel pain caused by inflammation to the arch in your foot (a thick band of tissue called the plantar fascia).
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome: Also called shin splints, this is pain on the front of your shin caused by repetitive stress and damage to the fibers and bone there.
- Golfer's Elbow/Tennis Elbow: Medial or lateral epicondylitis, respectively, occurs when the tendons and other tissues on the inside or outside of your elbow become inflamed and irritated.
You may be more at risk for an acute or chronic injury if you:
- Have poor hydration/nutrition
- Have areas of imbalance, weakness, or scar tissue from an old injury
- Have poor technique
- Use ill-fitting equipment
- Have a sports-related accident (e.g., slip, fall, collision, etc.)
- Run on uneven/banked surfaces
How Chiropractic Care Benefits Athletes
A chiropractor has a place in every step of sports injury recovery and prevention! In early stages of an injury, our goal is to reduce inflammation, pain, swelling, and stiffness, and initiate tissue healing. We do this through treatments such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy
- Corrective exercises
In subacute stages of care, our goals are to restore normal mobility, strength, and endurance; minimize scar tissue development; and ultimately maximize postural balance, movement mechanics, and physical performance. In addition to the above treatments, we may also use nutrition, Active Release Technique, NormaTec technology, endurance sports medicine, and more.
Athlete Injured in Your Home? Connect with a Chiropractor Now
If you're an athlete living in the Miamisburg, Fairborn, Bellbrook, or Dayton area, contact Integrative Heath + Sports Performance at (937) 848-8500 to schedule an appointment.